HELLO JUNE 2018
Last month I was delighted to be content creator of the week for We Blog North. I was thrilled to be picked as they are a fabulous company supporting Northern bloggers.
You can read the article here.
FABULOUS THINGS THAT HAPPENED LAST MONTH
- Isabelle did a dance water shoot with GB Dancestars photography. She had an amazing experience & we’re excited to see the photos
- Two lovely May Day Bank Holidays with Tony, the kids, my parents, brother, sister in law & nephews plus we had SUN!!!!
- Lots of bits & pieces done in the house. I love making our home a haven for my family
- Lots of lovely lunch dates with fabulous friends
- A lovely week with my kids being off school for half term enjoying days out, cinema, swimming, shopping, meeting up with friends old & new, & lots of family time
LIFESTYLE, LEISURE & HOME
Aldea Tapas Bar -Holmfirth
Situated just outside of Huddersfield, Holmfirth has become a well known destination for great restaurants & bars. With Italians to Tapas bars & most other things in between there’s plenty to choose from. So on a gorgeous Saturday evening in May, Tony & I met up with friends at Aldea Tapas bar. The staff were immediately welcoming & attentive in this little gem of a place. Busy but not over busy, it has a great atmosphere with a wide variety of tapas dishes to choose from. The food was delicious & plentiful with the wonderful flavours of Spain. The waitress guided us through how many dishes to choose and we has a fabulous variety and with plenty of drinks too the bill was extremely reasonable. I can highly recommend this lovely place and will most certainly be paying it another visit again soon.
BEAUTY & STYLE
Pre holiday beauty treatments
This month I’ve got all my booking done for my holiday appointments with my fabulous beauty therapist Kimberley at Koko Beauty Spa in Kirkburton, Huddersfield & my lovely hairdressers Alison. Having a teenage daughter now is costing me a fortune as she’s having the works too for our summer holiday!
In my teenage years my friends and I all over plucked our own eyebrows very badly and I still have patches that I have to fill in to this day. Isabelle has a beautiful natural shape to her brows anyway so I wanted her to always have them done by a professional just to tidy the few stray hairs. She’s not allowed nail varnish for school but for holidays I always treat her to a shellac manicure & pedicure, a girl has to look her best on holiday! She’s only 13 so we don’t need to go overboard with treatments however, I want her to get in good beauty, skin care and hair habits now to set her up for life. At the moment her skin is changing with hormones but she’s not suffering too much with spots. She is taking great care of her skin though, cleansing and moisturising at night and a good face wash in a morning. She alternates with Eve Taylor products, peach face, freedern & visibly clear by neutragena.
COCKTAIL OF THE MONTH
Preparation time – less than 30 mins
Cooking time – no cooking required
Dietary – Vegetarian
Mix an ice-cold jug of this traditional Spanish sangria recipe: a perfect cocktail for hot summer days.
- 3 parts red wine
- 1 part orange juice
- 2 parts lemonade
- fresh mint
- sliced fruit such as oranges and lemons
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large jug and add more red wine, orange juice or lemonade according to taste and desired strength.
- Pour into glasses, garnish with mint sprigs and fruit.
BOOK OF THE MONTH
‘I’ve got your number’ Sophie Kinsella
If you’re a fan of Sophie Kinsellas novels you’ll love this book. I’ve read most of her books and this is possibly one of my favourites. An easy reading perfect holiday read, I read it in one sitting. Sophie’s writing is witty & engaging and this book really did make me laugh out loud.
FILM OF THE MONTH
‘Goodbye Christopher Robin’
I watched this charming film on the long flight home from Australia & I loved it. The film stars Margot Robbie & Domhnall Gleeson & it tells the story of writer AA Milne whilst struggling with writers block he begins to bond with his son Christopher Robin. Will Tilston plays the little boy so naturally and really is the star of the film. A poignant film based on a true story with a heart wrenching ending, definitely one to watch on a cosy night in.
THIS MONTH I’M LOVING
Celebrating my fabulous parents Golden Wedding Anniversary
THIS MONTH I’M NOT LOVING
My anxiety levels rising a little with a few small stressful situations but nothing serious
THIS MONTHS FAVOURITES
- Gladioli flowers, especially the coral ones
- Yankee Candle Summer Peach
- The Range, great for picking up bits & pieces for the home and garden
- Giovanna Fletchers podcast ‘Happy Mum, Happy Baby’. Not just about babies but interviewing mums with children of all age groups and their experiences of being mums which is so relatable combined with Giovannas warm easy style
- Real Techniques makeup brushes. Affordable & excellent quality brushes.
THOUGHT FOR THE MONTH
‘Keep your heels, head and standards high’
HAPPY JUNE EVERYONE!