40 THINGS EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW, HAVE AND HAVE DONE IN HER 40’S
“The French are true romantics. They feel the only difference between a man of forty and one of seventy is thirty years of experience.” – Maurice Chevalier
Are there some things that every woman “should” experience by age 40?
I think by age 40 you should certainly have some ‘life experience’ and some fabulous memories to look back on. The following list is some of the things I think a woman in her 40’s should know, should have and should have done in her life so far!
- Should have kissed someone so intensely and powerfully that it will forever define ‘passion’ for her.
- Learned to make one difficult recipe and to make it well
- Awareness of any genetic illnesses that might manifest so that you choose the appropriate lifestyle to prevent that from happening.
- Learned to have a confrontation with a person she is close to in a calm and collected manner.
- Been the role model and guide for a kid she is not the mother of.
- Have a ‘safe space’ for herself where she can relax in peace and do any thinking that needs to be done.
- Made love to someone who was aware of every pleasure zone in her body.
- Have one good friend who can always help her find laughter no matter how tough things are.
- And a friend who is always there when she needs a good cry.
- Bought a costly present for herself because she knows she’s worth it.
- Had a goal that was so out of the world that she feared it.
- Had a relationship she can tell stories about over the years.
- The knowledge that everyone will get older and that living on requires money
- Had an experience that was very painful but has made her stronger.
- Own a beautiful dress that she loves enough to wear just about anywhere.
- Have a habit that she does for herself and only for herself.
- Have an understanding that her parents were not perfect but that they did everything they could possibly do.
- Have something that makes her cringe every time she thinks about it but increases her appreciation for the memories that make her happy.
- Have recorded her emotions and ideas in a Diary.
- Have one friend who she can always turn to when she is in trouble.
- Have an object that always makes her sentimental.
- Have an awareness of what she wants and doesn’t want from a partner.
- Have a secret that she has never told anyone which always brings her pleasure when she remembers it.
- Know a woman more advanced in years as her role model.
- Follow a spiritual path where she learns wisdom and is nurtured.
- Love a song that seems to be about her.
- One that she always has to sing out loud.
- Have a bucket list. It is alright if she hasn’t ticked off everything yet.
- Have a vision that motivates her to get up and work even on the worst day.
- Understand herself well enough to use what she knows about herself.
- Have an accomplishment that no person can make you feel bad about.
- Own a collection of photos that always brings her happiness
- Have experienced the loss of a person whom she cherished so much that there will always be an empty space inside her.
- Have learned to say ‘no’.
- Have an acceptance of herself just the way she is.
- Have an activity that she can do for ages without getting bored.
- Have a few white hairs or some other imperfection in her body.
- Have had a lover who made her adventurous for as long as they were together.
- Have some savings for times of trouble.
- Have an understanding that 40 is the prime of life and there is so much left for her to do.