HELLO OCTOBER 2018
September hasn’t been my favourite month this year due to a bit of stress at work plus missing the kids as they went back to school. They’ve both settled in brilliantly to their new schools though which makes me extremely happy plus, October is now here and it’s my birthday month so I have lots to look forward to.
FABULOUS THINGS THAT HAPPENED LAST MONTH
- A beautiful afternoon tea at the super swanky Manor House restaurant in Lindley, Huddersfield.
- A champagne twilight evening at Titanic Spa. Bliss!
- My beautiful Belle coming Runner-Up in two very high standard Tap Championships
- Belle & Max settling in so well at their new schools and making new friends
- I had my first booking as an adjudicator adjudicating a dance festival in Castleford West Yorkshire, I pushed myself out of my comfort zone and got some amazing feedback.
LIFESTYLE, LEISURE, PLACES & HOME
Getting the house ready for Autumn
Much as I love summer and didn’t want it to end this year, I do love it when the leaves start to fall from the trees, all the beautiful Autumn colours and lighting my lovely candles as the darker nights draw in.
I love to put my Autumn wreath on the door and my door step will soon boast a couple of pumpkins ready for Halloween. Out go my summery candle smells of summer peach and pink sands and my house is now filled with Fig & Pomegranate and The White Company’s Autumn signature candle. I love to create a warm inviting ambience with lamps and fairy lights to make our house warm and inviting plus a few new soft furnishings such as throws and cushions give the house a new feel for the Autumn months.
BEAUTY, HEALTH & STYLE
Favourite Lush Bath Bombs for the month
Isabelle and I both adore Lush bath bombs and I never tire of the silkiness of my skin after a lush bath.
My new favourites for the month are:
Perle de Sel which is a limited edition bath bomb and described as the epitome of decadence and class with a wave of elegance. This bomb is relaxing and pampering which left my skin feeling soft, moisturised and amazing!
Golden Wonder described as ‘Happiness in a gift’! The sweet orange and lime oil aromas are devine and this bomb left my skin feeling soft and smelling delicious!
COCKTAIL OF THE MONTH
Apple Cider Mimosas
Whether you’re toasting to fall or obsessed with apple cider, these mimosas are insanely delish.
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
1 c. apple cider
1 bottle champagne
- On a small plate, combine sugar and cinnamon. Dip champagne flutes in water to wet the rims, then dip in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Fill champagne flutes 1/4 full with apple cider, then top off with champagne.
BOOK OF THE MONTH
The Apartment – Danielle Steel
I can’t quite believe I’m putting a Danielle Steel novel as my book of the month but this one sparked my interest for a very easy summer read that was set in my favourite city New Y
ork. As an 18-20 young adult romantic I read many of her books and watched many of the TV movies of her books and after a while if you’ve read one you’ve read them all and they’re certainly not a challenging read.
However, after a couple of quite heavy going books on my holiday I needed a light frivolous read and so thought this would be perfect. Although the setting and plot line is new there are so many recognisable things in all her novels and they all have a very similar voice and pace. An easy quick read which is great whilst sitting on a sun lounger but certainly nothing taxing to get your teeth into.
FILM OF THE MONTH
Having loved ‘Goodbye Christopher Robin’ earlier in the year & being a Ewan McGregor & huge Disney fan, I was really looking forward to watching this film. This live action version of Winnie the Poo certainly brought back some happy childhood nostalgia for me and the children of today now get to welcome him into their childhoods too. The film is a breath of fresh air and good for all ages from children to adults with a poignant performance from Ewan MacGregor. It won’t blow you away and it’s certainly not groundbreaking but a lovely film nevertheless which I will certainly get on DVD when it is released.
THIS MONTH I’M LOVING
Celebrity Masterchef! Fabulous series and my favourite John Partridge took the crown.
THIS MONTH I’M NOT LOVING
People being disloyal when I’ve bent over backwards for them.
THIS MONTHS FAVOURITES
- Baylis & Harding midnight fig & pomegranate candle
- Elizabeth Arden visible difference skin balancing exfoliating cleanser
- Elizabeth Arden skin illuminating cleanser
- Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir body & hand wash
- Elemis Pro Collagen Rose Cleansing Balm
THOUGHT FOR THE MONTH
‘Be the person you needed when you were younger’